Research Tools & Collections
Find Books & Articles
Help & Services
Use Your Library
Help & Tutoring
- Study Spaces & Computers
- About the Library
- Ask Us
Annex - Student Assistant
May 17, 2018
Job Code: C18
Library Annex – Student Assistant
The Library Annex/Archives (off-campus) has an opening for a student assistant to work approximately 8 to 10 hours per week.
- Hours will be scheduled between 8:00 and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Those applying for this position will need to commit time at least three to four days out of the week to keep up with the demand of moving and processing materials.
Special Skills and Abilities:
- This will be a physically demanding position for students requiring repetitive movement and at times, heavy lifting.
- Students should also be aware of allergens that may come from dust on books and shelving.
- Student applicants must be motivated, physically capable and independently reliable to be successful in this position.
- Assist in loading and unloading incoming & outgoing materials.
- Assembling cardboard storage boxes.
- Simple cleaning duties in the storage and processing areas.
- Assist in rearranging and labeling shelving in storage areas.
- Assist in the reorganization and inventory of archival materials.
- Lifting, bending, stooping, carrying boxes and materials (some heavy).
- Working with equipment and on ladders.
- Proficient hand writing/labeling skills.
- Ability to work with various computer software programs.
MUST BE ENROLLED AT LEAST PART-TIME (6 HOURS UNDERGRADUATE/4 HOURS GRADUATE). GRADUATE STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THESIS HOURS WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
For additional information, please contact the Dean’s Office at 744-9725.