- Research Tools & Collections
Help & Services
Use Your Library
Help & Tutoring
- Study Spaces & Computers
- About the Library
- Ask Us
Coronavirus Response at the OSU Library
May 14, 2020
This is a rapidly evolving situation. Check back for updates as the situation changes.
Currently (as of 3/25 at 6 p.m.), the Edmon Low Library building and our branch libraries are closed to both the public and employees until further notice. We will continue to offer services virtually.
You can always find the most up-to-date information on library hours on our hours page.
- As of 4/22/2020, the Library had 40 laptops remaining for checkout. Email email@example.com to request a laptop and make arrangements.
- Our 54 databases, 130,000 e-serials, 3.2M e-books and other electronic resources, including the Library's 65 digital collections, are accessible via the library's website.
- Our subject librarians are available for research consultations and virtual instruction. Research guides are also available online.
- Reference assistance will be available via chat. Check our chat page for service hours and to start a new chat session.
- Our Research and Learning Services team has developed a list of resources that includes tools to help faculty transition to online instruction effectively and additional materials made free temporarily by publishers.
- Our Special Collections team has developed a guide to assist in accessing their resources remotely.
- To facilitate faculty and student research and instruction, librarians can provide guidance on copyright and author rights, open educational resources, research data services, and digital scholarship.
- Presentation Coaching now offers virtual assistance with presentations and interviews.
- Interlibrary loan books, laptops, and technology checked out from Creative Studios will now be due back July 31.
- OSU Library books are now due back Sept. 1.
- No overdue fines will be charged during the online-only period.
- Building Access: The Edmon Low Library and its branch libraries are closed to the public and employees until further notice.
- We discourage the return of books, technology, laptops, etc. at this time.
- If necessary, an overnight book return is available at the south entrance of the library. Please allow 1 week for returned books to be checked back in. If you need to return more than 50 items at once, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
- If you need to make a laptop or technology return, please contact email@example.com to discuss options.
- All OSU Library books currently checked out are now due Sept. 1. We ask that patrons not return books during the online-only period.
- All Interlibrary Loan books are now due July 31.
- Interlibrary Loan: We are accepting Interlibrary Loan requests for articles and book chapters only. Learn more about our ILL services.
All public events scheduled in the Edmon Low Library are canceled until the University resumes in-person instruction. Check the library’s calendar of events for the latest event details. Instructional sessions may be offered online, check the calendar for more information.
At this time, we are not accepting new venue reservations for the spring 2020 semester.
If the Library closes, how do I return materials?
We discourage patrons from returning materials during the online-only period. All OSU Library books currently checked out are now due Sept. 1. All Interlibrary Loan materials and technology are now due June 1. No overdue fines will accrue during the online-only period.
If you absolutely must return materials (for example, if you are leaving the US), call 405-744-7142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Will I still be able to checkout a laptop?
As of 4/22/2020, the Library had 40 laptops remaining for checkout. Email email@example.com to request a laptop and make arrangements.
Can I use Library study rooms/desktop computers/Café Libro?
The Edmon Low Library building is currently closed. This means there is no access to in-person services.
Where can I print?
As of 3/25/2020, printing was available to students in Kerr-Drummond or Griffiths.
Can I still get reference help?
We continue to offer chat reference assistance.
Can I schedule library instruction sessions for my class during the online only period?
I work at the Library, can I work from home/can I still work in my office?
The Edmon Low Library and its branches are closed to both the public and employees. Visit with your supervisor to determine what work from home options are available for your position.
For coronavirus-related updates from the University, refer to the OSU Coronavirus Updates page.
For the latest information about the national and global tracking and information on coronavirus, visit the CDC online.
URL: https://library.okstate.edu/news/latest-news/coronavirus-response-at-the-osu-libraryLast Updated: 28 May 2020