- Research Tools & Collections
Help & Services
Use Your Library
Help & Tutoring
- Study Spaces & Computers
- About the Library
- Ask Us
Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room
The Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room, located on the east side of the second floor, is available on a limited basis for special functions that support the University's mission. The room will be available for groups larger than 40, if your request is for fewer guest, please request the event room.
- The room is available during business hours.
- The room is not available during Dead Week or Finals Week.
- There will be no charge for OSU-affiliated groups.
- Approval or denial of requests will follow established university library policies and will include consideration of inconvenience to individuals who use the Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room for study.
Responsibility of the Users
- Submit request using the form provided no less than 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- Provide any approved equipment or furniture not noted in request form or not already available in the room not more than one hour prior to the published start of the event.
- Provide food or drink only if it has been requested and approved in writing and complies with university policies.
- For catered events only, arrange for catering staff to contact Jacqui Ghaemi at least 10 days prior to the event to discuss entry and exit from the building, facilities, any special set-up needed, and arrival time of the catering crew on the date of the event..
- Ensure noise does not go beyond the confines of the Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room.
- Not moving any of the permanent tables in the room.
- Accept responsibility for any injuries to persons or damages to the facility, including damage to the laptop or projector, and any cleaning of carpet or upholstery.
- Remove items brought in no more than one hour after the published end of the event.
Failure to Carry Out Responsibilities
Any individual or group failing to carry out these responsibilities may be denied further use of the Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room and may incur charges related to damages or staff time.
Please note: reservations are not finalized until you receive approval from Debbie Clemons.Debbie Clemons
216 Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University