Research Tools & Collections
Find Books & Articles
Help & Services
Use Your Library
Help & Tutoring
- Study Spaces & Computers
- About the Library
- Ask Us
Request Document Delivery of a Book or Article (Items from the OSU Library)
Document Delivery Service
When you can't come to the Library, we bring the Library to you!
While many articles are available online, there is still a significant amount of our collection available only in paper. Now, any print article or book chapter owned by the Library will be made available electronically by request. Entire books can be pulled in advance and placed "on hold" at the Circulation and Information Desk in the Edmon Low Library. This includes the retrieval of material from our main library as well as our branch and storage facilities such as the Education and Teaching Library (ETL formerly known as CML), Veterinary Medicine Library, Architecture Library, Annex, and Auxiliary building. For turnaround times regarding Annex and Auxiliary building requests please follow the link at Annex and Auxiliary building.
(Please note Copyright Restrictions below.)
Document Delivery is available to OSU faculty, staff and students who are registered with the OSU O-Key system.
The process to request material owned by the Library is similar to requesting items from Interlibrary Loan. Here's how:
- Log on to Illiad at https://illiad-s.library.okstate.edu/illiad/logon.html
- Select "Request an Article" for an article, "Request a Book" for an entire book, or "Request a Book Chapter" for a book chapter.
- Complete the form as fully as possible
- Click â€œSubmit Requestâ€
- Library staff will retrieve and scan your request in the case of an article or chapter. The file will be placed on the Illiad server for 90 days where you may retrieve or save your article.
- You will receive an email with a link where you can download the article or chapter. If you requested an entire book, you will receive an email when it is available to be picked up.
- You will need a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view these files.Â
- For more information on Interlibrary Services please follow the link Interlibrary Services: Placing Requests
Delivery and Pick Up Information
Requests can be made online at any time and will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Copies of articles or selected pages from books or documents will be delivered electronically. Requests are processed Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm by the Interlibrary Services department. Delivery of material may vary based on what you are attempting to get from us, where it is being housed, and when the request is placed.
Requested books will be retrieved from the OSU collection and placed on the "hold shelf" at the Circulation and Information Desk on the first floor of the Edmon Low Library for 1 (one) week, before returning to the main collection. You can pick up your material any time the Main library is open. You will be notified by e-mail when the book is available for pick up.
If you do not have sufficient time to wait for a Document Delivery, remember users are always welcome to visit the Library to retrieve items personally. Check our hours of operations for times.
The Copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy of reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use" that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.