Research Tools & Collections
Find Books & Articles
Help & Services
Use Your Library
Help & Tutoring
- Study Spaces & Computers
- About the Library
- Ask Us
Security Student Assistant - Job# 186
Job Number: 186
February 15, 2018
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
EDMON LOW LIBRARY
STUDENT ASSISTANT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The OSU Library has an opening for a Security Student Assistant. The student assistant works in conjunction with the Security Coordinator.
- Must have at least two full semester of experience at OSU Stillwater
- MUST WORK ALL AVAILABLE HOURS LISTED BELOW
- Must work a minimum of 8 hours of available shifts below
- Must take entire available shift not just part
- Must be enrolled as at least a part time student (6 Hours).
- Must refrain from using electronics devices while on duty.
Hours/ Available shifts:
- Monday 11:30pm to 2am (2.5 hrs.)
- Friday 10:30am to 12:30pm (2 hrs.)
- Saturday 8:30am to 1:30pm (5 hrs.)
Responsibilities: The security assistant is responsible for the security of the building, handling building emergencies, interpreting library policy to patrons or staff, opening and closing of the building and patrolling the building to ensure patrons are in compliance with the library’s rules of conduct and that the building meets all safety and fire codes. Security will also handle emergencies such as fire evacuations, medical emergencies, and safety issues. The security assistant will be required to attend various meetings and training sessions. In addition, the Security Student Assistant monitors patrons entering and exiting the building.
Applications will be accepted until filled. Interviews will be set up after the listing is closed on the website. You will be contacted via phone or e-mail if you are selected for an interview.
The Library’s student employment process is very competitive, and we receive many applicants for our positions. Unfortunately, not everyone is interviewed, and you may not receive a call or email. Please contact the Dean’s Office with questions regarding the process 744-9725.